CAMAROS.NET AND CAMARO PERFORMERS MAGAZINE

Monday, February 15, 2010

POR'ed Floors

I'm really happy with the adhesion and final product after PORing the floorboards. With POR it's all about prep. It took me 2 hours to clean and prep the floors appropriately but there was no rust left after having used the recommended Marine Clean and Metal Prep. There was nothing but zinc phosphate left before I put on the coat and it adhered like crazy with very little runs. But again... I don't care. It ain't gonna be a show car... well... maybe local weekend shows just to hang with other car people. The only thing I wasn't able to get to was the areas under the seat pans... but I don't want to undo the factory welds just to get to them. And again... they didn't look bad at all under there.
Next is gonna be either finish the driver's quarter panel patch or sound deadener. Sound deadener is in the mail... but I haven't made up my mind which yet.

0 comments: