CAMAROS.NET AND CAMARO PERFORMERS MAGAZINE

Sunday, September 12, 2010

DING!!! It's Done!!!!!

So I walk into the shop and am greated by this sight! YEEEEAAAAHHH!!! FREAKIN' YEAH! The paint and repairs are completed. The car is all lined up for towing. And I have this earie feeling in my fingertips... like my hands are screaming to grab onto the wheel and drive! The paintjob is not perfect but better than basic. Maaco or 1 Day wanted about 1500 buck for a basic single stage paint in one color. This is what I got for a little over 1800! The base paint is called gunmetal gray metallic. It is a Saab paint that was available from 1999-2002. It contains black, white, silver metallic, violet, and blue. The stripes are a plain black. The clear was laid over everything so it feels seamless. The paint brand was called Matrix. Never heard of it... but they're giving me 3 years warranty on the paint and lifetime on workmanship. I'm quite happy for a last minute color change with limited time to choose.

0 comments: